Dalit killings: Cops sent to 3-day remand
- Hyderabad University on the boil: 'Kanhaiya won't be allowed to enter HCU campus'
- Brussels attack: Two suspects identified as Khalid and Brahim Bakraoui
- No achche din: PM Modi under fire as middle class hit hard due to rising costs
- Chhattisgarh: Latest journalist arrest is for a WhatsApp dig at a cop
- Mehbooba Mufti set to be J&K CM after meeting with PM Modi
A local court in Surendrangar district Sunday remanded three policemen in three-day police custody in connection with the last year's Thangadh police firing incident in which three dalits were killed.
The state CID, probing the firing incident, Saturday arrested police Sub-Inspector K P Jadeja and constables Nathubha Jhala and Yogesh Gadhvi, who were on the run after three dalits were allegedly killed in a police firing in Thangadh during a clash in September last.
"A local court in Muli town in Surendranagar district Sunday remanded the trio in three-day police remand in this connection," said CID (Crime) DySP S P Trivedi.
A Dalit community boy was killed on the spot and three others seriously injured when police opened fire to disperse the violent mob that clashed with members of other community at Thangadh in Surendranagar district on September 22, 2012, after holding of a fair.
- Europe’s jihad crisis is not a problem of its Muslim communities but the outcome of cultural dislocations
- Impeachment motion against Dilma Rousseff is just one strand of crisis in Brazil
- To become a nation, you don’t need one language or one religion
- Disaster-conscious planning is helping India better prepare for natural calamities
- Telescope: Brussels, after Paris
- Veterans of the Assam Movement now fight polls. But the bitterness and the issues linger on