Dalit rally calls for quota in promotions
- Varun Gandhi hits back at cousin Priyanka over 'astray' remark, says she crossed 'lakshman rekha of decency'
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says 'toffee' has caught his fancy after 'balloon'
As the launch of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Admi Party (AAP) invited thousands of people wishing to register with the party at Jantar Mantar on Monday, two more rallies called by the CITU and the All India Confederation of SC/ST organisations blocked the entire Janpath-Jantar Mantar.
At least a thousand representatives of Dalit and tribal organisations under the banner of All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations had assembled at Ramlila Maidan on Monday and marched towards Jantar Mantar to demand, among other things, restoration of reservation for SCs and STs in getting promotions. Lok Janshakti Party president Ram Bilas Paswan called on the Dalits to be non partisan and united in pressuring the government to implement reservation in promotions.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi