Dalit rally calls for quota in promotions
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
As the launch of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Admi Party (AAP) invited thousands of people wishing to register with the party at Jantar Mantar on Monday, two more rallies called by the CITU and the All India Confederation of SC/ST organisations blocked the entire Janpath-Jantar Mantar.
At least a thousand representatives of Dalit and tribal organisations under the banner of All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations had assembled at Ramlila Maidan on Monday and marched towards Jantar Mantar to demand, among other things, restoration of reservation for SCs and STs in getting promotions. Lok Janshakti Party president Ram Bilas Paswan called on the Dalits to be non partisan and united in pressuring the government to implement reservation in promotions.