Dalit stabbed to death in Ramanathapuram
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Tension prevailed at Ponniapuram village in Ramanathapuram district after a dalit was stabbed to death by some unidentified persons late last night, police said today.
The body of the 38-year-old man was found among some bushes this morning, police said.
The district earlier this month had witnessed violence after three persons belonging to the Thevar community were murdered near Paramakudi on October 30 during the 105th birth anniversary celebrations of freedom fighter and Thevar community icon Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar.
Police did not rule out the murder to be a case of retaliation by the Thevar community people,to avenge the three murders,sources said.
Police said armed police personnel had been dispatched to monitor the situation close in and around Paramakudi.
Two Head constables have been placed under suspension for remaining mute spectators to the murder of two persons, belonging to the Thevar community on October 30,when they were on way to perform 'Gurupooja' at the memorial of Muthuramalinga Thevar, police said.
Three persons, including a van driver, were hacked to death at Pambuvizhundan on Oct30.
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express