Dalit student commits suicide
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
A Dalit student of a government school committed suicide allegedly after being harassed by police in Rijod area.
Rajkumar Mahto, a Class 12th student of Navodaya Vidyalaya, hanged himself from a tree and committed suicide in the school premises yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered in which Mahto has accused the Station House Officer (SHO) of the area, School Principal and a teacher for him taking the extreme step, officials said.
Agitated over the incident, the students locked the school gate demanding suspension of the policeman.