Dalit student commits suicide
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- With Anna men in âwar roomâ, AAP-like ideas on table, Mamata dreams national
- Kejriwal kicks off campaign taking on Ambani, media, says all bought
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
- Worried RSS plans inductions in BJP to âreformâ partyâs image
A Dalit student of a government school committed suicide allegedly after being harassed by police in Rijod area.
Rajkumar Mahto, a Class 12th student of Navodaya Vidyalaya, hanged himself from a tree and committed suicide in the school premises yesterday, they said.
A suicide note has been recovered in which Mahto has accused the Station House Officer (SHO) of the area, School Principal and a teacher for him taking the extreme step, officials said.
Agitated over the incident, the students locked the school gate demanding suspension of the policeman.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients