Dalit youth ‘in love’ with upper-caste girl found dead
- In US, Manohar Parrikar hits out at Pakistan, says Modi govt 'pro-active' in curbing violence in Valley
- 'Is this Modi model of democracy?': Arvind Kejriwal complains about officers being transferred by L-G
- India, US sign military logistics pact
- Kyrgyzstan: Three hurt, suicide bomber killed, in blast at Chinese embassy
- Kashmir: Non-lethal options to pellets were cleared in 2012 but file gathers dust
Ballia: A teenage Dalit youth was found dead on Friday, with police suspecting he might have been murdered over love affair with an upper-caste girl. The 17-year-old youth had gone out in the morning after being called by someone and later, his body was recovered from a ditch in Rampur village, DSP Brijesh Kumar Singh said, adding it is suspected he was strangulated to death. The youth was in a relationship with a Brahmin girl from the neighbouring Maniyar Piyaripur village for the past four years and the latter's family was against it, Singh said. An FIR has been lodged against four persons and the body of the deceased has been sent for post-mortem, Singh said.
Two minors raped
Maharajganj: Two minor girls were allegedly raped by three youth in Parsamalik area here in the district. The girls, aged 13 and 14 years, of Dughara village had gone to attend nature's call when the trio allegedly raped them on Thursday, said police. Later, two of the accused, identified as Safiullah and Sukkho, were arrested. Police said they are looking for the third accused, identified as Santosh.
Buddhist school seeks aid
- Kashmiris must use fresh methods, free of radical Islam, free of violence
- Kalburgi, Pansare and Dabholkar melded modern sensibilities with tradition
- Islam does not discriminate in allowing entry to places of worship
- Modi and Obama should wrap up the unfinished tasks in the agenda set by them
- Strong intellectual property rights infrastructure will help Indian industry
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist