Dalit youth ‘in love’ with upper-caste girl found dead
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Ballia: A teenage Dalit youth was found dead on Friday, with police suspecting he might have been murdered over love affair with an upper-caste girl. The 17-year-old youth had gone out in the morning after being called by someone and later, his body was recovered from a ditch in Rampur village, DSP Brijesh Kumar Singh said, adding it is suspected he was strangulated to death. The youth was in a relationship with a Brahmin girl from the neighbouring Maniyar Piyaripur village for the past four years and the latter's family was against it, Singh said. An FIR has been lodged against four persons and the body of the deceased has been sent for post-mortem, Singh said.
Two minors raped
Maharajganj: Two minor girls were allegedly raped by three youth in Parsamalik area here in the district. The girls, aged 13 and 14 years, of Dughara village had gone to attend nature's call when the trio allegedly raped them on Thursday, said police. Later, two of the accused, identified as Safiullah and Sukkho, were arrested. Police said they are looking for the third accused, identified as Santosh.
Buddhist school seeks aid
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2