Dalit youth’s body found 7 days after he went missing
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The body a Dalit youth, reportedly in love with a Vanniyar girl and missing since last week, has been found in a village lake in Cuddalore District, the Madras High Court was informed on Wednesday.
When the habeas corpus petition filed by the father of 20-year old M Gopalakrishnan came up for hearing, the counsel for the petitioner informed the court that the body of the missing person was found in a lake in Parathur.
In his petition, C Mayakishnan submitted that his son, who was in love with a girl belonging to the backward class of Vanniyar community, was missing since December 12.