Dalits, caste Hindus clash in Cuddalore
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Tension prevailed in Cuddalore district on Tuesday after members of a Scheduled Caste Community and caste Hindus clashed this morning. A few huts of Dalit families were ransacked and set on fire.
Police said trouble began when a girl belonging to a Hindu community was allegedly taunted by a Dalit youth in Pacharapalayam village in Cuddalore. The girl's relatives and others took on the Dalit families in the area and a clash ensued. A few people on both sides suffered minor injuries.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.