Dalits, caste Hindus clash in Cuddalore
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Tension prevailed in Cuddalore district on Tuesday after members of a Scheduled Caste Community and caste Hindus clashed this morning. A few huts of Dalit families were ransacked and set on fire.
Police said trouble began when a girl belonging to a Hindu community was allegedly taunted by a Dalit youth in Pacharapalayam village in Cuddalore. The girl's relatives and others took on the Dalit families in the area and a clash ensued. A few people on both sides suffered minor injuries.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy