Damini Brigade to take on stalkers, eveteasers in Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Ubale said they had already received response from girls who are facing trouble. "In two days, we have received at least 20 calls. Also, several people including men have complimented us and extend their support," she said. Appealing to women and girls to come forward and lodge complaints without any fear, Ubale said time had come for womenfolk to put their foot down. The Damini Brigade has also vowed to "teach all rapists a lesson". "We hope to catch the rapists before the police do and teach them a lesson," she said.
Welcoming the move, Anita Landge of Damini Bachat Gat, Kasarwadi, "This was a much required move in Pimpri-Chinchwad. The Damini Brigade should concentrate on areas outside civic and private schools where 'Road Romeos' are making life miserable for the girls. Also, outside several colleges, girls are the receiving end of these trouble-makers."