Damini Brigade to take on stalkers, eveteasers in Pimpri-Chinchwad
Ubale said they had already received response from girls who are facing trouble. "In two days, we have received at least 20 calls. Also, several people including men have complimented us and extend their support," she said. Appealing to women and girls to come forward and lodge complaints without any fear, Ubale said time had come for womenfolk to put their foot down. The Damini Brigade has also vowed to "teach all rapists a lesson". "We hope to catch the rapists before the police do and teach them a lesson," she said.
Welcoming the move, Anita Landge of Damini Bachat Gat, Kasarwadi, "This was a much required move in Pimpri-Chinchwad. The Damini Brigade should concentrate on areas outside civic and private schools where 'Road Romeos' are making life miserable for the girls. Also, outside several colleges, girls are the receiving end of these trouble-makers."
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan