Dance of youth
- Mamata seeks clarification on transfer orders after Election Commission's warning on cancellation of polls
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress may announce its candidate against Modi from Varanasi today
Dance India Dance
Judges: Grand Master Mithun Chakraborty, Master Mudassar Khan, Master Shruti Merchant and Master Feroz Khan
Saturday - Sunday, 9 pm, Zee TV
It is the sweat and blood that these youngsters put in their work is what strikes a chord in us. And as grand master Mithun Chakraborty succinctly sums it, 'To become something you have to love pain'
Dance reality shows are a welcome change from the saas- bahu fare that one gets to see on the various channels. So when Dance India Dance held its audition, the interest that it evoked was tremendous. Probably, what appeals to the viewers is the journey of the contestants, the laughter, the tears, the months maybe years of toil and labour that goes into realising your dreams. And some of the youngsters, as young as 15 and 16 year old, do have interesting tales to narrate— of sneaking time off from important life-enhancing tasks like acquiring an education, a degree etc, to pursue their passion. Luckily, from what one saw at the auditions, a majority of the parents supported their children in their chosen path. It is this sweat and blood that these youngsters put in their work is what strikes a chord as we can relate to their journey. And as grand master Mithun Chakraborty succinctly sums it, "To become something you have to love pain."
In fact, at the very onset of the Delhi auditions, Mithunda espoused the importance of labouring for your dream, experience pain in order to reach your goal. This year, the veterans of previous shows, Geeta Kapoor, Terence Lewis and Remo D'Souza have made way for genX choreographers, Master Mudassar Khan, Master Shruti Merchant and Master Feroz Khan, with their youthful energy and charm. In fact, Mudassar, who became famous with Dhinka chika from Ready is uber cool and even joins the participants on stage. While Shruti is the younger sister of choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant, Feroz has worked with Farah Khan for the past 18 years.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city