Dancing Away the Apocalypse
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
While the threat of the 2012 apocalypse may have passed, the 2013 edition of Bonjour India will see the onslaught of another apocalypse, though a benign one. This year's festival of France will see the staging of Suivront Mille ans de Calme (And then, one thousand years of peace), the latest ballet by celebrated French dancer and choreographer Angelin Preljoçaj, in collaboration with dancers from the venerable Bolshoi Theatre of Moscow.
Preljoçaj, who is of Albanian origin, is renowned for his contemporary treatment of classical stories and ballets. His versions of Romeo and Juliet (1990, 1996) and Snow White (2008), which are among his most acclaimed works, are set in modern times, taking on darker avatars in a noir setting.
And then, one thousand years of peace explores the term 'apocalypse' through its original Greek meaning ('to unveil') through an interpretative ballet by dancers from Preljoçaj's own troupe, Balet Preljoçaj, as well as the Bolshoi Theatre. For the Indian staging, Preljoçaj has collaborated with Laurent Garnier for music and Igor Chapurin for costumes. Indian artist Subodh Gupta has created the set design for the performance.
The performance will be held at Kamani Auditorium today and tomorrow. For invitations mail to: email@example.com
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'