Dancing women video fuels clash in Mumbai
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Two groups clashed in Mumbra town over alleged video shooting of a woman dancing at a marriage function, police said today.
The incident occurred at Kausa area last night when a woman was dancing at the marriage of one Shaheen Ismail Khan, PSI S G Babar said.
According to police, a group of six persons allegedly started filming the complainant following which she raised an objection. However, they threatened her of posting the video mon social networking sites.
Police said the complainant alleged that one of the maccused, Sajid Ansari attacked her and tore her clothes and snatched her jewellery.The six accused were booked under relevant sections of IPC. While one of them was arrested, hunt is on for others, police said.
Meanwhile, the accused also lodged a counter complaint against the woman and ten others saying they beat them up. The complainant woman was booked under section 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) of IPC.
- Fencing of Shakti Mills complete, PWD tells HC
- Muslim bodies urge voters to defeat ‘non-secular forces’
- Gandhis looted the nation: Modi
- Meagre pay, stress fuelling aggression in drivers: Gurgaon transport official
- North corpn orders probe against senior official after complaint by colleague
- Malfunctioning traffic light not repaired despite complaints