Dancing women video fuels clash in Mumbai
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
Two groups clashed in Mumbra town over alleged video shooting of a woman dancing at a marriage function, police said today.
The incident occurred at Kausa area last night when a woman was dancing at the marriage of one Shaheen Ismail Khan, PSI S G Babar said.
According to police, a group of six persons allegedly started filming the complainant following which she raised an objection. However, they threatened her of posting the video mon social networking sites.
Police said the complainant alleged that one of the maccused, Sajid Ansari attacked her and tore her clothes and snatched her jewellery.The six accused were booked under relevant sections of IPC. While one of them was arrested, hunt is on for others, police said.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.