Dancing women video fuels clash in Mumbai
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Two groups clashed in Mumbra town over alleged video shooting of a woman dancing at a marriage function, police said today.
The incident occurred at Kausa area last night when a woman was dancing at the marriage of one Shaheen Ismail Khan, PSI S G Babar said.
According to police, a group of six persons allegedly started filming the complainant following which she raised an objection. However, they threatened her of posting the video mon social networking sites.
Police said the complainant alleged that one of the maccused, Sajid Ansari attacked her and tore her clothes and snatched her jewellery.The six accused were booked under relevant sections of IPC. While one of them was arrested, hunt is on for others, police said.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi