Dane DeHaan nominated for BAFTA Rising Star award
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' actor Dane DeHaan and '12 Years a Slave' star Lupita Nyong'o are among the nominees for this year's BAFTA EE Rising Star Award.
Actors George MacKay, Will Poulter and 'Blue Is the Warmest Colour' star Lea Seydoux have also been shortlisted for the prize, reported Deadline.
The winner of the EE Rising Star Award will be decided by the public and announced at the BAFTAs on February 16. DeHaan, whose credits also include 'The Place Beyond the Pines' and 'Kill Your Darlings', said of his nomination, "I am so thankful to BAFTA for considering me for this award. It's a huge honour and humbling experience to be recognised amongst such a talented group of actors."
MacKay experienced a breakthrough year in 2013 with roles in 'How I Live Now', 'Sunshine on Leith' and 'For Those in Peril', while fellow Brit actor Poulter appeared in 'We're the Millers' and will be seen later this year in 'The Maze Runner'.
Nigerian actress Nyong'o is currently earning rave reviews for her performance in '12 Years a Slave'.
French actress Seydoux, who has appeared in Hollywood blockbusters 'Robin Hood' and 'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol', won the Palme d'Or last May alongside her 'Blue Is
the Warmest Colour' co-star Adele Exarchopoulos and director
James McAvoy, Eva Green, Shia LaBeouf, Noel Clarke, Kristen Stewart, Tom Hardy, Adam Deacon and Juno Temple are the previous recipients of the award, which recognises actors with "exceptional talent, and those destined to be bright stars in the future of cinema".
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota