Daniel Craig admits being 'nasty' to Kristen Stewart
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
'Skyfall' star Daniel Craig has admitted he was being 'nasty' to Kristen Stewart after saying she wouldn't make a good Bond girl, claiming he made the comment only because their new films are in competition at the box office.
The 44-year-old actor, who has thrice played the role of James Bond since 2006, dismissed Stewart's ambitions to star in the franchise but admitted he was only being 'nasty' because their new films 'Skyfall' and 'Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' are in the box office race, a media report said.
Asked whether the 'Twilight' star would be the right fit for a Bond movie, Craig said, "Would she make a good 'Bond' girl? No, she's in 'Twilight'".
But he soon added, "No, I'm being nasty. It's only because the film ('Skyfall') is coming out at the same time (as 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2'), we're in direct competition. I'm sure she'd make a great Bond girl."
The final installment of the vampire franchise has already swept the box office, pushing 'Skyfall' to No. 2 position in the overseas market.
Stewart previously admitted she is interested in reading a Bond script.
"I would love to read a few graphs of the script. I choose my roles really instinctually. I would really have to connect with the material," the actress said.
"As long as I get to have a gun. Yes, hell yeah!" she added.