Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz's Broadway show suffers technical glitch
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Star couple Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz faced a setback during their Broadway performance of Betrayal as the production was plagued with technical problems.
The British actors are currently portraying married couple Robert and Emma in the revival of Harold Pinter's 1978 play, which tells the story of a woman's affair with her husband's friend.
However, the performance was temporarily stalled on Saturday because of stage problems, but the actors pushed on with the show even though the set had to be manually changed between each scene, reported New York Post.
"The show's automation failed after Scene 2, into Scene 3, necessitating manual set changes for the rest of the performance. Of the 1,100 people in the sold-out audience,
there were less than 10 requests for refunds or exchanges," a
representative from the production team said.
"There was a 15-minute pause following the breakdown during which the cast made the decision to continue the performance.
"They continued on brilliantly, and each scene change received a round of applause. They finished at 10:26 pm, about 40 minutes later than usual. After an immediate standing ovation, Daniel Craig thanked the audience for their patience and the show's crew for their efforts to ensure the show would go on."
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress