Daniel on song as CFA thrash Haryana 24-0
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Two CFA teams, namesake of Chandigarh outfits though with totally contrasting style of play, took the field on Monday. But as the day progressed, it was apparent that apart from the initials and the state, both the teams shared nothing in common. On Monday morning, Chandigarh Football Association lost to Dalbir Academy, Patiala, 6-1 while in the second, at the Sector 17 Football Stadium, another CFA team- Chandigarh Football Academy, thrashed Haryana Football Association 24-0 in one of the most lop-sided matches of the history of the Administrator's Challenge Cup All India football tournament.
The Chandigarh Football Academy team, coached by Harjinder Singh, showed that they were there to win. Daniel Lalhlimpuia, one of the stars of the Indian Under-16 team, netted an astounding 11 times, and was the architect-in-chief of the team's victory.
Right from the opening goal to the last one, Daniel tormented the Haryana defence with his brilliant skills that has often earned him kudos from Colm Toal, the coach of the Indian U-16 team. He scored in the 4th, 11th, 12th, 24th, 30th, 41st, 43rd, 56th, 61st, 81st and 89th minutes of play. Samuel surprisingly scored just one goal while Lal Ramza netted in 19th and 33rd minutes of the match. Harsharn scored in 28th minute of play while Nishu found the back of the net in the 37th, 51st, 72nd, 73rd minutes of play. Jatinder (52nd), Ramdin (57th), Salman (59th, 62nd) and Shokat (87th) were the other scorers for the Academy team.
Earlier, in the morning, Dalbir Academy thrashed Chandigarh Football Association 6-1. Sukhjit scored four goals for the Patiala team while Harpreet and Germanpreet were the other scorers. Suraj Thapa pulled back one for the Chandigarh team. Meanwhile, a total of 34 players were referred for radiological examination of age at General Multispeciality Hospital, Sector 16, to verify their age. Out of them three were found overaged and were not allowed to play in the tournament.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- IS repeat that they are doing these to ensure that we live in a world free of infidels
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities