Danis Tanovic's film will open many doors for me: Emraan Hashmi
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
From starting his Bollywood journey with a supporting role to working with Oscar-winning director Danis Tanovic, Emraan Hashmi has come a long way and the actor is hoping that his debut international film will open many doors for him.
"It is high concept story, has an Indian team behind it and a director like Danis, who has a lot of clout globally. I am hoping that this film will open all the doors for me for," Hashmi told PTI in an interview over phone from Berlin.
The 33-year-old actor walked the red carpet for the world premiere of Tanovic's latest film, 'An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker' at the Berlin International Film Festival with the director and producer Prashita Chaudhary last night.
Tanovic is best known in India for his Bosnian war drama 'No Man's Land' that beat Aamir Khan's 'Lagaan' and three other films to win the best foreign film Oscar in 2001.
His next untitled will have a strong India connect and stars Hashmi in the lead. It is being produced by Anurag Kashyap Films Ltd, Sikhya Entertainment and Cinemorphic.
Hashmi started his career with 'Footpath' and went on to work in commercial hits like 'Murder', 'Gangster', 'Jannat' and 'Raaz 2' but he had to wait for almost a decade to be taken seriously as an actor with 'Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai' and last year's 'Shanghai'.
It was his role as small-town journalist who also work as a part time porn filmmaker in Dibakar Banerjee's political thriller, that convinced Danis to cast him.
"Anurag Kashyap saw 'Shanghai' and he really liked my performance in it. He had met Danis in Europe about 7-8 months back. When Anurag came to know about Danis's project, he suggested my name and told Danis that I would fit the role perfectly. Anurag sent me the script. Danis also liked my performance in 'Shanghai' and we were on for the project," said Hashmi. Hashmi will begin shooting the movie in Berlin post the festival.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2