Dannii Minogue snubs Simon Cowell's 'X Factor' offer?
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Dannii Minogue has snubbed Simon Cowell's efforts to persuade her to rejoin 'X Factor' by signing up for fashion show Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model.
The Aussie star, 41, will return to UK screens alongside Elle MacPherson and actor Tyson Beckford after signing a six-figure deal with Sky Living, the Mirror reported.
The news is a blow to Cowell, who had hoped to reunite some of the original 'X Factor' judges next year to kickstart the show.
He approached her formally last year only to be turned down.
"I am brushing up on my model moves and with my highest platform heels on, I am excited to come face to face with (well maybe look up to) the glamazons of BINTM 2013," Minogue said.
"Next Top Model has always been a part of my essential TV viewing and I am so excited to be back in the UK for Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model's ninth series.
"Mentoring and judging has been a major part of my life since 2007. It will be great to strut some fashion and modeling experience with the girls. I remember Elle's first magazine cover in Australia and I have been a fan of hers since then. I am looking forward to joining Elle, Tyson and the contestants to find the next biggest star. It's an exciting time to be part of the Sky Living team. Bring on 2013," she added.
Sources close to Dannii said that the show will suit her career more than 'X Factor' as she has her own successful Project D fashion label.
"She doesn't want the hassle and the rows that come with doing The X Factor and working in the Cowell machine," one friend said.
"Top Model is a classy show and she loves fashion so it suits her perfectly," the friend said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express