Dara Singh ‘encounter’ suspect found shot dead
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Vijay Singh Chaudhary, a suspect in the alleged fake encounter of liquor smuggler Dara Singh, was found shot dead Thursday outside Ratangarh in Churu district.
Chaudhary, a liquor contractor from Fatehpur, is said to have handed over Dara Singh to the special operations group in Jaipur after which Singh was killed in an alleged fake encounter in October 2006.
Chaudhary was missing after the encounter and the CBI had announced a Rs 5 lakh reward for information about him. Police said he had been shot in his temple and suspect the killing took place on Wednesday night. Chaudhary was named in several other criminal cases including the 1993 spurious liquor case in which 23 people died.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer