Dara Singh fake encounter case: Additional SP suspended
- PM Modi breaks silence on Raghuram Rajan's reappointment, says it shouldn't be of media's interest
- Kejriwal, Nitish witnesses Mamata's oath-taking ceremony at Kolkata's Red Road
- US asks Pakistan to cooperate with India on 26/11 probe
- Even if we could benefit from polarisation, we wouldn’t want to derive such benefits: Rajnath Singh
- Opinion: Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
Rajasthan government has suspended Additional SP Arshad Ali, charge sheeted by CBI for his alleged involvement in the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
His suspension order were issued on Tuesday, according to sources.
Another senior IPS officer Ajay Kumar Jain who was suspended by the government is absconding.
CBI had summoned both the officers last month for interrogation, however, they failed to appear before it and their whereabouts are unknown. A local court has also issued warrant against them.
Five policemen --including an IPS officer A Ponnuchamy-- and a retired sub-inspector have been arrested so far in connection with the encounter case which is being investigated by the CBI.
The agency filed a charge sheet in a local court naming former BJP minister and sitting MLA Rajendra Rathore but stopped short of making him an accused.
Dara Singh was killed by the Special Operations Group (SOG) in an alleged fake encounter on October 23, 2006 in Rangendra Prasad Nagar area on the outskirts of Jaipur.
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
- After the initial euphoria, Modi government has created widespread despondency
- Fixing the learning deficit requires a lot more than right kind of tracking technology
- The problem begins with the way we define “urban” and “rural”
- Modi govt’s backward-looking instincts pulls down its forward-looking mission
- Judge-population ratio is not the apt parameter to determine judiciary’s strength