Dara Singh fake encounter case: Additional SP suspended
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
Rajasthan government has suspended Additional SP Arshad Ali, charge sheeted by CBI for his alleged involvement in the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
His suspension order were issued on Tuesday, according to sources.
Another senior IPS officer Ajay Kumar Jain who was suspended by the government is absconding.
CBI had summoned both the officers last month for interrogation, however, they failed to appear before it and their whereabouts are unknown. A local court has also issued warrant against them.
Five policemen --including an IPS officer A Ponnuchamy-- and a retired sub-inspector have been arrested so far in connection with the encounter case which is being investigated by the CBI.
The agency filed a charge sheet in a local court naming former BJP minister and sitting MLA Rajendra Rathore but stopped short of making him an accused.
Dara Singh was killed by the Special Operations Group (SOG) in an alleged fake encounter on October 23, 2006 in Rangendra Prasad Nagar area on the outskirts of Jaipur.
His family members had accused a senior state BJP leader claiming that Singh was targeted because of personal enmity.