- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Producer:Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, Friday Filmworks
Cast:Akshay Kumar, Kajal Aggarwal, Jimmy Shergill, Manoj Bajpayee, Anupam Kher, Divya Dutta
Release Date:February 8
Special 26 is based on the daring heist that took place at the Opera House branch of Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri in Mumbai on March 19, 1987. Akshay Kumar reprises the role of the unknown man , (Mon Singh) who posed as a CBI officer and his cahoot of 26 men who walked away with jewellery worth several lakhs in broad daylight. Anupam Kher plays Kumar's accomplice in the film, pursued by CBI officer, Manoj Bajpayee.
Neeraj Pandey returns to direction after four years with Special Chabbis. His first film, A Wednesday won
the prestigious Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a Director.
Akshay Kumar has sung a romantic ballad, Mujh mein tu, in the film. The original track was crooned by Keerthi Sagathia. Director Neeraj Pandey decided to use a mellow version of the same song as a promotional video featuring the actor.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words