'Dark Knight' killer 'posed playfully with gun' before massacre
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
In pictures taken before the Colorado movie theater massacre, suspected gunman James Holmes posed for camera, sticking out his tongue and smiling while holding a Glock under his face and displaying his arsenal arrayed on his bed, it has been revealed.
Prosecutors who displayed the pictures at a hearing argued the photos display 'identity, deliberation and extreme indifference.'
According to a media report, in the three-day hearing, prosecutors presented the most detailed description of the attack and Holmes' alleged months of preparation.
The report said about six hours before the attack, Holmes took a series of photos on his iPhone.
In one he wears black contact lenses and a black stocking cap, with two tufts of his dyed-red hair sticking out like a pair of horns.
In another Holmes, who been accused of killing 12 people and injuring 58 during the screening of 'the Dark Knight Rises' last year, holds a pistol beneath his face, twisted into a grin.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi