Darth Vader to be resurrected in new 'Star Wars' trilogy?
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
The iconic space villain Darth Vader is likely to be resurrected in the upcoming 'Star Wars Episode 7".
Vader, who died in 'Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi', may return in the much talked about new film, which will produced by its new owners Walt Disney, the Ace Showbiz reported.
Vader had sacrificed himself to save his son Luke Skywalker but that should not stop Disney/Lucasfilm from bringing him back because "he's an integral part of the franchise."
"Replacing him is virtually impossible. The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films. This is science fiction remember. Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."
The masked character has been portrayed by different actors previously. They included David Prowse who played Vader in the original trilogy. In the prequels, the character was portrayed by Hayden Christensen.
Scheduled to release sometime in 2015, "Star Wars Episode 7" has already tapped Oscar winner Michael Ardnt as its screenwriter. The project is still looking for a director.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it