Darth Vader to be resurrected in new 'Star Wars' trilogy?
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
The iconic space villain Darth Vader is likely to be resurrected in the upcoming 'Star Wars Episode 7".
Vader, who died in 'Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi', may return in the much talked about new film, which will produced by its new owners Walt Disney, the Ace Showbiz reported.
Vader had sacrificed himself to save his son Luke Skywalker but that should not stop Disney/Lucasfilm from bringing him back because "he's an integral part of the franchise."
"Replacing him is virtually impossible. The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films. This is science fiction remember. Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."
The masked character has been portrayed by different actors previously. They included David Prowse who played Vader in the original trilogy. In the prequels, the character was portrayed by Hayden Christensen.
Scheduled to release sometime in 2015, "Star Wars Episode 7" has already tapped Oscar winner Michael Ardnt as its screenwriter. The project is still looking for a director.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity