Darth Vader to be resurrected in new 'Star Wars' trilogy?
- To check pollution, Delhi govt announces curbs on plying of pvt vehicles
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: Delhi court orders fresh probe against Jagdish Tytler
- Centre, states must work together for India's progress: PM Modi
- Delhi Assembly passes Jan Lokpal Bill, Kejriwal calls it a 'historic moment'
- Mulayam as PM, Rahul his deputy: Akhilesh's formula for alliance with Congress
The iconic space villain Darth Vader is likely to be resurrected in the upcoming 'Star Wars Episode 7".
Vader, who died in 'Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi', may return in the much talked about new film, which will produced by its new owners Walt Disney, the Ace Showbiz reported.
Vader had sacrificed himself to save his son Luke Skywalker but that should not stop Disney/Lucasfilm from bringing him back because "he's an integral part of the franchise."
"Replacing him is virtually impossible. The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films. This is science fiction remember. Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."
The masked character has been portrayed by different actors previously. They included David Prowse who played Vader in the original trilogy. In the prequels, the character was portrayed by Hayden Christensen.
Scheduled to release sometime in 2015, "Star Wars Episode 7" has already tapped Oscar winner Michael Ardnt as its screenwriter. The project is still looking for a director.
- Undertake pay revisions at shorter intervals instead of every 10 years
- Kesavinyas: Impresssion of changing gender and sexuality landscape
- Contrary to the dominant view, development is not a benign caste-free alternative
- Victims of Pakistan’s blasphemy law are mostly the poor and the helpless
- As the climate worsens, will it matter which country was originally to blame?
- BJP setback in local polls may point to a growth model that does not create jobs