Dates of IYC elections announced
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
The Indian Youth Congress (IYC), the youth wing of the Congress party on Monday announced the election schedule for the central zone of Uttar Pradesh. In the first stage, elections will be held at the booth level, for which nominations are to be filed on February 22 from 9 am to 5 pm. On February 23, the nominations will be scrutinised and election symbols will be allotted, which is to be followed by voting on February 25, 26 and 27. The voting will take place between 8am and 3pm. The votes will be counted on the same day as the voting and results will be uploaded on the IYC website.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?