Dates of IYC elections announced
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Imran Masood released on bail; Mamata to woo voters through letters
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Snooping row: HC rejects Pradeep Sharma's plea to file FIR against Narendra Modi
- Sonia's assets worth over Rs.9 crore, has given a loan of Rs. 9 lakh to Rahul
The Indian Youth Congress (IYC), the youth wing of the Congress party on Monday announced the election schedule for the central zone of Uttar Pradesh. In the first stage, elections will be held at the booth level, for which nominations are to be filed on February 22 from 9 am to 5 pm. On February 23, the nominations will be scrutinised and election symbols will be allotted, which is to be followed by voting on February 25, 26 and 27. The voting will take place between 8am and 3pm. The votes will be counted on the same day as the voting and results will be uploaded on the IYC website.
Although the schedule for the second stage - elections for 131 Vidhan Sabhas, 26 Lok Sabhas and the state unit (central UP) - has not been announced, state Returning Officer Kunal Banerjee said that nominations for the same will be invited in the first week of March and 5-6 days will be allotted for campaigning. "We expect to finish the election process by March 20," he said. As three Lok Sabha president seats are reserved for SC/STs, a lucky draw to decide the same will also be held on February 20, he said.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies