Daughters accept Ravi Shankar's posthumous Lifetime Grammy
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
"She said 'What do you mean which Grammy?'. It turns out he had won two and just didn't know it. That was the kind of musician he was. He went on to win a third, and today he gets this incredible honour. Music was the be all and end all of his life and I am very grateful to the Academy for recognising that," she said.
Three-time Grammy winner Shankar is credited with introducing Indian classical music to the West. He was a profound influence on The Beatles, The Byrds and numerous other rock artists.
Shankar, along with George Harrison, organised the 1971 Concert for Bangladesh, which paved the way for many other fundraising charity concerts.
In addition to the Grammy Awards, The Recording Academy presents Special Merit Awards recognising contributions of significance to the recording field, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, Trustees Award and Technical Grammy Award.
- â€˜I like to read about him (Modi)â€¦ I know he will becomeÂ PMâ€™
- â€˜Targetâ€™ closest advisers of Sonia Gandhi for VVIP chopper deal, key middleman toldÂ AgustaWestland
- Nitish, Mulayam, Gowda join hands to shape 14-party â€˜federalÂ frontâ€™
- Harish Rawat to be Uttarakhandâ€™s new Chief Minister | The Indian Express