Daughters, wife burned alive by man, in-laws over gold-stealing row
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
Three minor girls died and their mother suffered severe burn injuries after they were set on fire by the woman's husband and in-laws in Bihar's Vaishali district, police said today.
The incident took place at Arania village in Jandaha area last night.
The husband and parents-in-law of the woman, identified as Shinti Devi, poured kerosene oil on her and three daughters and set them on fire after accusing them of stealing gold ornaments, police said.
The three girls identified as Anchal (2), Sushma (5) and Soni (7) were charred to death and their mother sustained severe burn injuries, they said.
The injured woman was rushed to the Patna Medical College and Hospital where she gave a police statement against her husband, father-in-law and mother-in-law.