Daughters, wife burned alive by man, in-laws over gold-stealing row
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi breaks silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed: Hindus safe in Pakistan unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
Three minor girls died and their mother suffered severe burn injuries after they were set on fire by the woman's husband and in-laws in Bihar's Vaishali district, police said today.
The incident took place at Arania village in Jandaha area last night.
The husband and parents-in-law of the woman, identified as Shinti Devi, poured kerosene oil on her and three daughters and set them on fire after accusing them of stealing gold ornaments, police said.
The three girls identified as Anchal (2), Sushma (5) and Soni (7) were charred to death and their mother sustained severe burn injuries, they said.
The injured woman was rushed to the Patna Medical College and Hospital where she gave a police statement against her husband, father-in-law and mother-in-law.
The three accused are absconding, police said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready