DAV holds rally to generate awareness on water conservation
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
MCM DAV College for Women in Sector 36 hosted a rally to generate awareness and concern among people about water conservation, on Thursday. The event has been envisaged to cover all DAV schools and colleges at the national level, in light of the United Nations declaring 2013 as the International Year of Water Conservation.
The curtain raiser organised at MCM marked the beginning of a nation-wide series of events starting from January 19 to propagate the significance of water conservation and develop a sensitive approach towards harvesting the precious natural resource.
College Principal, Dr Puneet Bedi, highlighted that the issue of water conservation calls for urgent global response. She lauded the endeavour undertaken by DAV and assured that this initiative would extend to all quarters and achieve far- reaching success.
Prof Sobti appointed BBAU V-C
Prof R C Sobti has been appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU), Lucknow, by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development. Sobti, who is the former vice-chancellor of Panjab University, will join BBAU in the last week of January. Sobti's name had earlier been approved as the V-C of DAV University, Jalandhar. With Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University being a central university, Sobti has decided to join it. He would be the V-C at the university for five years. A professor in the Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Sobti became PU V-C in 2006, a post he remained at till 2012.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express