David Beckham not going to Australia : spokesman
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
David Beckham's management team today denied claims by Football Federation Australia (FFA) that the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder is seeking to move to Australia's A-League.
The FFA claimed Beckham, 37, had been in talks with Australian clubs over a loan spell in the A-League, but a representative for the former England captain said there was no truth in the reports.
"There is always enormous interest from clubs across the world in signing David as a player," the spokesman told Sky Sports News.
"There are absolutely no plans to play in Australia. David is completely focused on the MLS (Major League Soccer) play-offs and winning another Championship with the Galaxy."
Earlier on Friday, the FFA said Beckham's management team had offered his services for the current season.
Reports indicated he wanted to play a 10-game guest stint once the MLS season ends in a fortnight's time.
The former England and Manchester United star was reported by the national broadcaster ABC and Australian Associated Press as being "offered around'' to several A-League's teams on a 10-game contract.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully