David Beckham spends 250,000 pounds on holidays
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Soccer star David Beckham has reportedly splashed out 250,000 pounds on a luxurious holiday to the Maldives for him, wife Victoria and their four children over the festive break.
David and family will spend the festive season at the luxury One&Only Reethi Rah resort in the Maldives, which boasts 130 private villas, 12 beaches, 40 pools and its own seaplane, reported Sun Online.
David has booked the family into the most expensive suite, which costs 8,600 pounds-a-night and has also booked out three more at a cost of 3,700 pounds-a-night.
The family - who will be staying for 11 nights – will also be dining in the luxurious restaurant, which will set them back 150 pounds-a-head each evening and the resort boasts "swirling vitality pools, crystal steam rooms, saunas and stimulating ice fountains."
"It's the best resort in the Maldives and they are staying in the most expensive rooms," a source said.
The family flew to the Indian Ocean island from Britain yesterday before taking a private plane to the hotel.