David Beckham spends 250,000 pounds on holidays
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Soccer star David Beckham has reportedly splashed out 250,000 pounds on a luxurious holiday to the Maldives for him, wife Victoria and their four children over the festive break.
David and family will spend the festive season at the luxury One&Only Reethi Rah resort in the Maldives, which boasts 130 private villas, 12 beaches, 40 pools and its own seaplane, reported Sun Online.
David has booked the family into the most expensive suite, which costs 8,600 pounds-a-night and has also booked out three more at a cost of 3,700 pounds-a-night.
The family - who will be staying for 11 nights – will also be dining in the luxurious restaurant, which will set them back 150 pounds-a-head each evening and the resort boasts "swirling vitality pools, crystal steam rooms, saunas and stimulating ice fountains."
"It's the best resort in the Maldives and they are staying in the most expensive rooms," a source said.
The family flew to the Indian Ocean island from Britain yesterday before taking a private plane to the hotel.