David Villa wants Arsenal move this summer
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Barcelona striker David Villa reportedly wants a 14 million pound summer move to Arsenal.
According to Barcelona insiders, 31-year-old Villa has set his heart on a switch to the Gunners after deciding to quit the Nou Camp, reports The Sun.
Boss Arsene Wenger failed in a bid to land Villa last month.
But Villa will have just a year left on his contract and Arsenal are likely to get him for less than the 16 million pounds demanded in January.
After a long-term injury last season, Villa has failed to command a first-team place at Barca this term. He has made just 15 competitive starts - yet still scored 10 goals.
Now the Spain striker wants to be with a team where he will once again be the main man. Villa earns around 110,000 pounds a week at the Nou Camp, so his wages will not cripple the Londoners financially.
But Wenger will have to change his policy of giving only one-year contracts to players over 30.
Villa is likely to be offered a three or four-year deal.
- Narendra Modi to hold rally on Nitish Kumar’s turf; Paswan to share stage
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today