David Villa wants Arsenal move this summer
- Mercedes hit-and-run case: Delhi teenager charged with culpable homicide
- Vijay Mallya skips ED for the third time, seeks time till May
- PM Modi asks for first report on Panama Papers revelations in 15 days
- Opinion: The IPL water controversy proves that common sense is least common
- From well near Wankhede stadium, goes water for IPL — and a thirsty city
Barcelona striker David Villa reportedly wants a 14 million pound summer move to Arsenal.
According to Barcelona insiders, 31-year-old Villa has set his heart on a switch to the Gunners after deciding to quit the Nou Camp, reports The Sun.
Boss Arsene Wenger failed in a bid to land Villa last month.
But Villa will have just a year left on his contract and Arsenal are likely to get him for less than the 16 million pounds demanded in January.
After a long-term injury last season, Villa has failed to command a first-team place at Barca this term. He has made just 15 competitive starts - yet still scored 10 goals.
Now the Spain striker wants to be with a team where he will once again be the main man. Villa earns around 110,000 pounds a week at the Nou Camp, so his wages will not cripple the Londoners financially.
But Wenger will have to change his policy of giving only one-year contracts to players over 30.
- India needs to rationalise capital controls, simplify its tax regime
- Talks must continue to be resilient against disruptions in the normalisation process
- No proof required: Fadnavis everywhere, and no water to drink
- For the first time procurement has been linked to production
- Pakistan has long suffered from this delusion which keeps the state from serving its citizens
- Angry populism against corrupt elites could grow. But in India, reaction will be muted