David Villa wants Arsenal move this summer
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
Barcelona striker David Villa reportedly wants a 14 million pound summer move to Arsenal.
According to Barcelona insiders, 31-year-old Villa has set his heart on a switch to the Gunners after deciding to quit the Nou Camp, reports The Sun.
Boss Arsene Wenger failed in a bid to land Villa last month.
But Villa will have just a year left on his contract and Arsenal are likely to get him for less than the 16 million pounds demanded in January.
After a long-term injury last season, Villa has failed to command a first-team place at Barca this term. He has made just 15 competitive starts - yet still scored 10 goals.
Now the Spain striker wants to be with a team where he will once again be the main man. Villa earns around 110,000 pounds a week at the Nou Camp, so his wages will not cripple the Londoners financially.
But Wenger will have to change his policy of giving only one-year contracts to players over 30.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity