David Villa wants Arsenal move this summer
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Barcelona striker David Villa reportedly wants a 14 million pound summer move to Arsenal.
According to Barcelona insiders, 31-year-old Villa has set his heart on a switch to the Gunners after deciding to quit the Nou Camp, reports The Sun.
Boss Arsene Wenger failed in a bid to land Villa last month.
But Villa will have just a year left on his contract and Arsenal are likely to get him for less than the 16 million pounds demanded in January.
After a long-term injury last season, Villa has failed to command a first-team place at Barca this term. He has made just 15 competitive starts - yet still scored 10 goals.
Now the Spain striker wants to be with a team where he will once again be the main man. Villa earns around 110,000 pounds a week at the Nou Camp, so his wages will not cripple the Londoners financially.
But Wenger will have to change his policy of giving only one-year contracts to players over 30.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP