Dawood aide held in Lucknow
- LIVE: At least 7 dead, including 4 attackers; army deployed in Jakarta
- Jaish chief Masood Azhar goes online: Pakistan on dangerous road, God’s army won’t feel my absence
- SC calls plea against odd-even scheme a publicity stunt, refuses urgent hearing
- Comedian Kiku Sharda arrested again, Khattar says govt has no hand
- Four Indian youths ‘planning to join IS’ arrested in Syria
The UP Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) on Friday arrested Jahangir, an alleged member of fugitive don Dawood Ibrahim's gang who was wanted since 2010 in a case of procuring a passport from Lucknow regional passport office on fake identity and forged documents, from Charbagh area in Lucknow.
The case was registered with UP ATS and three accused, including Jahangir's brother, a lawyer and an agent, are already lodged in jail in the same case, said an ATS official.
The official said that Jahangir, who is facing charges of seven murders in Mumbai, was on the run for the last few years. The Mumbai police have been informed about his arrest, he added.
- We need national framework to address agricultural problems
- A full engagement with Pakistan cannot withstand major terror strikes
- Increasing maternity leave is a tiny step for women at work
- Telescope: A question for TV
- ‘Comfort Women Peace Statue’: An uncomfortable legacy
- Suspending dialogue after terrorist attack gives jihadis a veto over talks