Dawood aide held in Lucknow
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The UP Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) on Friday arrested Jahangir, an alleged member of fugitive don Dawood Ibrahim's gang who was wanted since 2010 in a case of procuring a passport from Lucknow regional passport office on fake identity and forged documents, from Charbagh area in Lucknow.
The case was registered with UP ATS and three accused, including Jahangir's brother, a lawyer and an agent, are already lodged in jail in the same case, said an ATS official.
The official said that Jahangir, who is facing charges of seven murders in Mumbai, was on the run for the last few years. The Mumbai police have been informed about his arrest, he added.
He also said that the ATS had registered the case against Jahangir and others when they were conducting an inquiry into passports issued from the the Lucknow office on forged documents in 2010. During inquiry, the officials came across details of three passports issued between 2001 and 2004 on forged documents in the names of Haseen Siddiqui, Nasir and Samir Khan, bearing the same address of Nakwa village of Balrampur district.