Dawoodi Bohras pour into Surat for big meet
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
Thousands of Dawoodi Bohras from across the country and abroad started arriving in Surat to take part in the Majlis, to be carried out by Muffadal Bhaisaheb, successor and son of Dr Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, religious leader of the community.
Many political leaders from BJP and Congress will also meet Dr Syedna Saheb during his stay in Surat. There are speculations that Chief Minister Narendra Modi can turn up in Surat in coming days to seek his blessings.
Dr Syedna will arrive in Surat in a private air craft from Mumbai on Wednesday and will land at Surat cotton mill compound in Begampura area. A convoy will lead him to Zampabazaar where the holy preacher will give blessings to thousands of people.