Dawoodi Bohras pour into Surat for big meet
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Thousands of Dawoodi Bohras from across the country and abroad started arriving in Surat to take part in the Majlis, to be carried out by Muffadal Bhaisaheb, successor and son of Dr Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, religious leader of the community.
Many political leaders from BJP and Congress will also meet Dr Syedna Saheb during his stay in Surat. There are speculations that Chief Minister Narendra Modi can turn up in Surat in coming days to seek his blessings.
Dr Syedna will arrive in Surat in a private air craft from Mumbai on Wednesday and will land at Surat cotton mill compound in Begampura area. A convoy will lead him to Zampabazaar where the holy preacher will give blessings to thousands of people.
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express
- Nido Taniamâ€™s death: Rahul Gandhi meets Sushilkumar Shinde, questions â€˜delayâ€™ in policeÂ action