Dawoodi Bohras pour into Surat for big meet
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Preview: Former champs lock horns in heavyweight clash
Thousands of Dawoodi Bohras from across the country and abroad started arriving in Surat to take part in the Majlis, to be carried out by Muffadal Bhaisaheb, successor and son of Dr Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, religious leader of the community.
Many political leaders from BJP and Congress will also meet Dr Syedna Saheb during his stay in Surat. There are speculations that Chief Minister Narendra Modi can turn up in Surat in coming days to seek his blessings.
Dr Syedna will arrive in Surat in a private air craft from Mumbai on Wednesday and will land at Surat cotton mill compound in Begampura area. A convoy will lead him to Zampabazaar where the holy preacher will give blessings to thousands of people.