Dawoodi Bohras pour into Surat for big meet
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Thousands of Dawoodi Bohras from across the country and abroad started arriving in Surat to take part in the Majlis, to be carried out by Muffadal Bhaisaheb, successor and son of Dr Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, religious leader of the community.
Many political leaders from BJP and Congress will also meet Dr Syedna Saheb during his stay in Surat. There are speculations that Chief Minister Narendra Modi can turn up in Surat in coming days to seek his blessings.
Dr Syedna will arrive in Surat in a private air craft from Mumbai on Wednesday and will land at Surat cotton mill compound in Begampura area. A convoy will lead him to Zampabazaar where the holy preacher will give blessings to thousands of people.