Day 2 of strike mainly peaceful
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
Noida:The second day of the nationwide strike called by 11 trade unions was mainly peaceful in Noida. But, unrest was reported from Sector-5 on. A senior police officer said: "A group of around 50 persons hurled stones at some factories. A police team reached within 5 minutes and the situation was brought under control." He said 3,000 police personnel were on the roads in Noida, with police stationed at 50 different points.
Assocham asks UP CM to take action
Lucknow:The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham) on Thursday appealed to UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to "immediately" tighten the security in Noida. "Horrific incidents in the name of Bharat Bandh cannot be tolerated and the administration should take the strongest possible measures and punitive action against the culprits," Assocham general secretary D S Rawat said. "In case immediate action is not taken, investment in Noida and Greater Noida will suffer," he said.
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota
- ‘Start political revolution by defeating Rahul, Modi’
- Count of Monte Carlo: Wawrinka tames master, becomes one