Day 2: PU youth fest witnesses array of events
- Patidar protest: Hardik Patel-led PAAS calls off 'reverse Dandi march'
- At least 80 dead in gas cylinder explosion in Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh
- Not passed any order on meat ban, only an appeal to slaughterhouses: Haryana govt
- India demolish temporary hut built by China near LAC in Ladakh
- HP: Two foreigners dead, several injured as Kalka-Shimla toy train derails
A wide array of folk and classical dance performances besides traditional and ritual songs marked the 2nd day of 55th Panjab University, Chandigarh Zonal Youth and Heritage festival of Zone-B at Partap College of Education.
Events such as quiz, singing competitions were also organised. The chief guest for the morning session was Naval Kishore, Dean, College Development Council, PU.
Jagdev Singh Jassowal, president, Vishav Panjabi Sabhyacharak Manch presided over the afternoon session. The festival will continue for four days. As many as 328 students from 16 city colleges would take part in 41 events.
Day 1 witnessed competitions in shabad/bhajan, classical music (Vocal), group singing (Indian), group folk orchestra, folk instruments, light music vocal, Orchestra (Indian), ghazal/Geet, folk Song. The creative events such as collage making, clay modeling, on the spot painting, spot photography, cartooning, poster making, installation and still life drawing were also conducted.
Moga colleges rule the show
Rajasthani Folk Dance, Gondal Dance, Sammi, Luddi and Malavai Gidha were perfect examples of vast Indian cultural heritage presented by students on day 2. In the group dance, Moga College of Education, Ghal Kalan secured first position while in folk dance GGS Khalsa College of Education for Women, Kamalpura were adjudged first.