Day after CM’s comments, IAS officers resolve to improve service delivery
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
A day after Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that prestige of IAS officers in UP has fallen in recent years, the officers on Saturday resolved to introspect themselves and improve their image by delivering services to the public effectively through innovative steps.
During the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the UP IAS Association held today after six years, officers discussed how to improve their image and bring improvement in their service delivery. The IAS officers of UP cadre took five resolutions in the AGM, held as part of Service Week. IAS officers also discussed the need of cross learning exercises. "Officers will learn from other states where Central schemes were being implemented in more effective and transparent manner, giving good results. That will help the officers in ensuring better governance and executing their duties in effective manner," said an officer.
The association passed a resolution to constitute a standing committee of five members for evaluation of the problems, grievances and other issues of the junior officers and those posted in districts.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer