Day after CM’s comments, IAS officers resolve to improve service delivery
- AAP-BJP clashes: FIR against Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi for rioting
- Nine-phase Lok Sabha polls begin on April 7, counting on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Mamata Banerjee releases candidates list for LS polls, lists out celebs and statistics
A day after Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that prestige of IAS officers in UP has fallen in recent years, the officers on Saturday resolved to introspect themselves and improve their image by delivering services to the public effectively through innovative steps.
During the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the UP IAS Association held today after six years, officers discussed how to improve their image and bring improvement in their service delivery. The IAS officers of UP cadre took five resolutions in the AGM, held as part of Service Week. IAS officers also discussed the need of cross learning exercises. "Officers will learn from other states where Central schemes were being implemented in more effective and transparent manner, giving good results. That will help the officers in ensuring better governance and executing their duties in effective manner," said an officer.
The association passed a resolution to constitute a standing committee of five members for evaluation of the problems, grievances and other issues of the junior officers and those posted in districts.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan