Day after man prevents ‘molestation’ attempt, ‘victim’ says he intervened in her private affair
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
A day after three persons were arrested for allegedly assaulting a shopkeeper in Hisar when he tried to stop them from reportedly molesting a young woman, the "victim" on Tuesday appeared before a court claiming that the shopkeeper had intervened in her private affair.
The incident took place when the police produced the accused — Yogeshwar, Hardeep and Manjit — in court on Tuesday. The woman told the court that Yogeshwar was her fiance and they were having a argument when the shopkeeper, Abhinav Aggarwal, intervened and assaulted Yogeshwar. While claiming that despite her intervention, Aggarwal created an issue out of nothing, the woman demanded that action should be taken against the shopkeeper for assaulting Yogeshwar.
The case came to light as the media flashed CCTV footage that showed a group of youths thrashing Aggarwal. While speaking to the media, Aggarwal had alleged that he was beaten up when he tried to save a "molestation victim".
While addressing mediapersons on Tuesday, Hisar SP Satheesh Balan said the case has taken a new twist as the the alleged victim had exonerated all the accused. "The police have also examined the CCTV footage, which narrates a different story from what was being projected till date," he said.
"The victim today told the police that she had an argument with Yogeshwar. Both are about to get married in a few weeks and their families know each other. They had an argument near D N University and in the process, Yogeshwar snatched her phone. This scene was witnessed by Aggarwal, who mistook it as a molestation attempt and intervened," ASI Harish Bhardwaj said.
He added: "He assaulted Yogeshwar and despite the victim asking him to leave, he did not stop. Yogeshwar called his friends and all three then assaulted Abhinav and even smashed the windowpanes of his house. Abhinav called the police and we registered a case on his complaint. When the three accused were arrested, the actual story emerged. Now, since the girl has also deposed before the court, we will take legal action against the shopkeeper."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18