Day after, Maya says she has ‘full faith’ in Ansari
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
A day after her criticism of Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari, BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday changed tune to say she had "respect" and "full faith" in the Chair and expressed hope that he will find ways for passage of the bill for quota in promotion.
Mayawati's remarks came after an assurance of "fullest cooperation" of the House by Prime Minister as also Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley to Ansari, who on Wednesday had expressed difficulty in continuing in a situation where he is attacked.
"I respect the Chair... I have full faith in the Chair that he will find a way to get the voice of the downtrodden heard," she said. Mayawati, who has been pushing a bill for SC/ST reservation in government job promotion, on Wednesday criticised Ansari for disruptions that were preventing the bill's passage.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18