Daylight robbery: Thieves decamp with Rs 3.3 lakh
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
In a daring day light robbery at Deep Nagar, robbers looted Rs 3.3 lakh from one Surinder Kumar, treasurer of Dewan Gas agency, who was taking a briefcase full of money to deposit in bank on his scooter. The four robbers, who had come on two motorbikes, absconded with the scooter after beating Kumar.
Kumar had started from the godown of the gas agency located at Sabzi mandi and was stopped soon after at Deep Nagar. Kumar told the police that the robbers were all in their 20s and one of them was carrying a knife. Police have booked a case and preliminary investigations have revelaed premedidated crime as the the persons who committed the robbery were allegedly aware that cash was being carried in the scooter.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18