Days after Mahi's death in borewell, boy dies in open Gurgaon sewer
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
Terming as unfortunate the death of a boy after falling in an open sewer in Gurgaon, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) today asked the Haryana government to share with it details of the inquiry into the incident.
NCPCR member Vinod Tikoo said they have sought the inquiry report from the Haryana government into the incident.
"This is an unfortunate incident. We had already issued a detailed guideline. We have asked the state government to share with us the report of the probe into the incident," he said.
Close on the heels of the death of four-year-old girl Mahi who fell into a borewell, a five-year-old boy fell to his death in an open sewerage line near Industrial Model Township in Gurgaon last night.
According to Sub Divisional Magistrate Satender Duhan, Sumit fell in the open sewerage line at about 9 PM. Rain had made the ground slippery and a lot of water had accumulated in the sewerage line, the SDM had said.