Dazzling new Gateway of Kolkata
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
A brand new integrated terminal of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata was inaugurated on Sunday by President Pranab Mukherjee. The new terminal, built at a cost of Rs 2, 235 crore has a capacity to handle 20 million passengers annually as compared to the present 7.46 million.
The inauguration was attended by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh and also CPM leader Sitaram Yechury.
Mamata Banerjee spoke of the need for better air connectivity of north Bengal and sought President's help. "Your excellency, honourable Dada. The problem of night landing facilities at Bagdogra airport exists. There are also the issues of upgradation of airports like in Cooch Behar and air-linking of various cities of the state. You please take a look at them and solve them," she told Pranab Mukherjee.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed