DCP raids hotel, owner alleges harassment
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A hotel owner in Santacruz East has alleged that Deputy Commissioner of Police Namdeo Chavan, barged into her hotel and accused her of running a prostitution scandal without proof, during a recent raid he conducted the hotel Tuesday night.
Following an alleged tip-off received by the police about possible prostitution at hotel Liberty, Chavan had raided the hotel. However, the police reportedly couldn't find any evidence of prostitution.
Suma Raut, the hotel owner, has alleged that Chavan accused her of operating a prostitution den inside the hotel and also of abusing hotel employees.
"The police searched the place from 9 pm to midnight without substantial proof of any untoward activity. I will consult my lawyer and file a defamation case against the police," she said.
Chavan denied the allegations, saying he had only acted on a routine tip-off.
"We had received information that the hotel was engaging in prostitution. But nothing conclusive was found, so we didn't charge anyone. I don't think we did anything wrong," he said.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun