DDA moves to clear deck for another Dilli Haat in East
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
The Delhi Development Authority on Friday issued a public notice inviting objections or suggestions to a modification in the Master Plan-2021 which will clear the deck for the construction of another Dilli Haat to come up in East Delhi.
The modification seeks to change the use of a 27,000 sqm plot of land near Akshardham temple and construct a new Dilli Haat there. It will be constructed by the Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC). "The Dilli Haat will be constructed by covering the Shahdara Link Drain. The Haat will have maximum ground coverage of 40 per cent and floor area ratio of 40. The maximum height will be 8 metres as per provisions of the Delhi Master Plan,'' an official said.
DTTDC had built a second Dilli Haat in Pitampura and another is slated to open at Janakpuri. The first one is located opposite INA market.
The process of making modifications to the MPD is expected to be wrapped up by August this year, with the revised document being made available to the public by March 2014.
"The Shahdara drain, which will be covered to construct the Dilli Haat, comes under Irrigation and Flood Control department and is located along Noida-Link Road at Mayur Vihar Phase-I. We have issued a public notice seeking comments on change of land use from utility to commercial,'' a DDA official said. To fastrack the review process, the time span for submiting comments has been reduced from 90 to 45 days.