DDA working on comprehensive parking policy
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
The Delhi Development Authority is preparing a comprehensive parking policy based on travel demand management principles to address the parking problem in the capital, the Urban Development ministry said today.
DDA has informed that a comprehensive parking policy based on travel demand management principles as recommended in master Plan for Delhi-2021 (MPD -2021) is presently under preparation to tackle the parking problem, minister of state in the UD Ministry Deepa Dasmunshi said.
In response to a question in Lok Sabha, she said the policy will be finalised by the Special Task Force headed by Chief Secretary, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi which was appointed by the High Court.
In response to another question, Dasmunshi said DDA had started online booking of its grounds with effect from November 7, 2012.
In response to yet another question, she said there were 14,920 cases pertaining to DDA which were pending in various courts.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance