DDA working on comprehensive parking policy
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
The Delhi Development Authority is preparing a comprehensive parking policy based on travel demand management principles to address the parking problem in the capital, the Urban Development ministry said today.
DDA has informed that a comprehensive parking policy based on travel demand management principles as recommended in master Plan for Delhi-2021 (MPD -2021) is presently under preparation to tackle the parking problem, minister of state in the UD Ministry Deepa Dasmunshi said.
In response to a question in Lok Sabha, she said the policy will be finalised by the Special Task Force headed by Chief Secretary, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi which was appointed by the High Court.
In response to another question, Dasmunshi said DDA had started online booking of its grounds with effect from November 7, 2012.
In response to yet another question, she said there were 14,920 cases pertaining to DDA which were pending in various courts.