Dead techie’s wife, in-laws arrested
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Police on Saturday arrested the wife and in-laws of techie Sumanta Sen, who had committed suicide by hanging himself in the first week of this month, on charges of abetment to suicide.
Namita Sen Jaiswal was arrested along with her father Lalchand Jaiswal and mother Lalti Devi Jaiswal, from their Salt Lake residence.
Sumanta, working at a multi-national IT company in Pune, had married Namita about two years ago.
For the last six months, the couple had been fighting regularly because allegedly, Namita, a college lecturer, had an extramarital affair.
In Kolkata, Sumanta used to live with his in-laws. "His father, Kajol Sen, a resident of Garia, had earlier said that his son had committed suicide following domestic fights. But day before yesterday, he put in a complaint of abetment to suicide against the trio and they were arrested today since they were not at home yesterday," said an official of Bidhannagar (south) police station.
The trio was produced at the court on Saturday and all three have been sent to jail custody.