Dead techie’s wife, in-laws arrested
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Police on Saturday arrested the wife and in-laws of techie Sumanta Sen, who had committed suicide by hanging himself in the first week of this month, on charges of abetment to suicide.
Namita Sen Jaiswal was arrested along with her father Lalchand Jaiswal and mother Lalti Devi Jaiswal, from their Salt Lake residence.
Sumanta, working at a multi-national IT company in Pune, had married Namita about two years ago.
For the last six months, the couple had been fighting regularly because allegedly, Namita, a college lecturer, had an extramarital affair.
In Kolkata, Sumanta used to live with his in-laws. "His father, Kajol Sen, a resident of Garia, had earlier said that his son had committed suicide following domestic fights. But day before yesterday, he put in a complaint of abetment to suicide against the trio and they were arrested today since they were not at home yesterday," said an official of Bidhannagar (south) police station.
The trio was produced at the court on Saturday and all three have been sent to jail custody.
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture