Dead techie’s wife, in-laws arrested
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
Police on Saturday arrested the wife and in-laws of techie Sumanta Sen, who had committed suicide by hanging himself in the first week of this month, on charges of abetment to suicide.
Namita Sen Jaiswal was arrested along with her father Lalchand Jaiswal and mother Lalti Devi Jaiswal, from their Salt Lake residence.
Sumanta, working at a multi-national IT company in Pune, had married Namita about two years ago.
For the last six months, the couple had been fighting regularly because allegedly, Namita, a college lecturer, had an extramarital affair.
In Kolkata, Sumanta used to live with his in-laws. "His father, Kajol Sen, a resident of Garia, had earlier said that his son had committed suicide following domestic fights. But day before yesterday, he put in a complaint of abetment to suicide against the trio and they were arrested today since they were not at home yesterday," said an official of Bidhannagar (south) police station.
The trio was produced at the court on Saturday and all three have been sent to jail custody.