Death anniv of Giani Zail Singh observed
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
Desh Bhagat Yaadgari Society, Punjab, organised a function on Gill Road here to observed the death anniversary of late president Giani Zail Singh on Wednesday.
Speaking on the occasion, the society's patron Jagdev Singh Jassowal and president Krishan Kumar Bawa termed Singh as the great patriot who strongly fought against the British rule, recalling that Singh had played a key role during the freedom struggle by participating in the Riasti Parjamandal Movement.
Both Jassowal and Bawa said Giani Zail Singh had constructed the 640-km Guru Gobind Singh Marg from Anandpur Sahib to Talwandi Sabo. They urged the state government to get prepare a documentary on the life and works of the late president.
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota
- ‘Start political revolution by defeating Rahul, Modi’
- Count of Monte Carlo: Wawrinka tames master, becomes one