Death of children: HC tells Orissa govt to pay families
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
More than four months after seven children died in a wall and roof collapse at an anganwadi centre, the Orissa High Court on Tuesday asked the state government to give Rs 5 lakh each to the families of the victims.
Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice B N Mohapatra of the Orissa High Court also directed the government to lodge criminal cases against officials responsible for the wall collapse. They said if the compensation is not paid within four weeks, the families would get the same with 6 per cent interest.