Death of youth triggers clashes in Karnal village
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
Reports of death of a 23-year-old youth triggered clashes is Kutel village of Karnal district in Haryana. Uneasy calm prevailed on Wednesday with heavy police deployment in the village.
As news of a suspected "honour killing" of Ravinder spread, his relatives and friends went on a rampage and allegedly vandalised a religious place, two houses and a few vehicles belonging to members of another community that sparked communal tension.
District administration officials along with police personnels remained in the village on Wednesday and pacified members of both the communities.
Ravinder, a resident of Kutel, had finished his engineering from a private college in Sonepat and was to join a Gurgaon-based multinational company Monday last.
His father Deshraj said, "On the night of December 13, Ravinder got a call on his mobile just as he was about to sleep. He went out telling me he would be back in a while. He never returned. We waited till next morning before starting a search for him and finally informed the police. We suspected a few villagers of having either abducted or killed him. We mentioned this to the police. When they detained some suspects for questioning, they allegedly confessed to having killed Ravinder, cutting his body into pieces, putting it in a sack and throwing it into Rawar augmentation canal, about five kilometers from the village. I have appealed to the police and district administration to find out my son's body and punish the guilty."
Ravinder belonged to the Gadaria community that dominates the village population. According to the villagers, Ravinder was having an affair with a Muslim girl. Soon after the villagers got to know of Ravinder's 'murder' on Tuesday, they went on rampage damaging the houses of muslim community.
The district police has not yet registered a case of murder, since they have not recovered Ravinder's body. "A case of abduction is already registered at Madhuban police station. Divers are searching for Ravinder's body. Till it is found, there is no ground to register a case of murder", said Inspector Vijay, investigating officer.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18