Deaths due to AIDS on decline, more ART centres planned
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
WORLD AIDS DAY: Open house at NARI on Dec 1
An open house will be held on World AIDS Day, December 1, at the National AIDS Research Institute (NARI) in the city. Dr R S Paranjape, director, NARI, said this day reminds people that HIV has not gone away, and that more efforts still need to be done. "Every year to mark World AIDS Day, facilities at NARI are opened for public viewing. This is our effort to educate people about the work carried out by our scientists and to provide access to view our state of the art facilities and hear about advances in the field of HIV AIDS from experts." On an average, 1,000 students and other members visit NARI on this day. There will be guided tours to NARI laboratories and HIV museum.